Author Topic: USB Soundcard based on the CM6207  (Read 37879 times)

Offline BlinkenLights

• he's just this guy, ya know?
  • Administrator
  • Milliwatts: 4
  • 'The Messenger' by Will Cascio
    • View Profile
Re: USB Soundcard based on the CM6207
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2009, 01:48:32 pm »
Thats the SAME setup im gonna use.. 150 green 400+ red and a dual bluray.
i may use a single 8x diode for bluray tho.

Offline Fanny Pack

• Milliwatts: -20
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2009, 01:57:49 pm »
I wish more people would get their RGV scanners so I can hear how good or bad they work.  :)  I have all the parts for one but am waiting to hear if it is worth my time first.

Offline Frixxion

• Milliwatts: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2009, 01:01:11 pm »
Right now I have a small test setup on a plywood board. It has a 30mw green on it and a phr-803T at 150mA. When they are both running CW I get a very nice blueish color 8), very nice! I think I'm gonna figure out some sort of schematic which automatically mixes in about 30mw (or more) of green when the bluray turns on. I want this because I only have a 30mw green atm and when I plot a circle which has "blue" (bluray) and green pieces in it, the bluray is barely visible. With such a schematic I can emulate a normal blue :). I included a simple schematic about what I mean. I don't know if such a schematic already exists, but I do know that it can be done softwarematically, but I like the idea of doing it hardwarematically alot more  :).

I don't know if this schematic will work and I don't know how to calculate the values for the resistors and caps and stuff because I study mechanical engineering. But I do have an uncle who has an electrical degree so he might help me on this one (unless you have some ideas for me  %))
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 05:28:41 am by Frixxion »

Offline James

• Administrator
  • Milliwatts: 47
    • View Profile
    • LaserBoy !!!
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2009, 01:44:34 pm »
You've got the right idea. Either meandean or drlava can help you with the values.

However, you should consider this:

If you do it in hardware, you can not undo it easily.

On the other hand, if you just make a special palette that defines blue as 30% green and 100% violet, then you get what you want for blue and you still have the option to shoot pure violet!

Yet another FABULOUS reason to use palettes!  O0

James.  :)
LaserBoy is Sofa King Cool!
But it will never be Alpha King Done!

Offline BlinkenLights

• he's just this guy, ya know?
  • Administrator
  • Milliwatts: 4
  • 'The Messenger' by Will Cascio
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2009, 02:11:58 pm »
i would do it in hardware and add a POT to adjust it.
then i could undo it.

Offline Frixxion

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2009, 02:20:58 pm »
or, I could make a small pcb which I can remove any time and just directly connect all colours. Simple as that  :D. But your option is cool as well james, I think I'll probably try it with software first and if the results are nice I'll make it in hardware.

Offline Frixxion

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2009, 03:30:31 pm »
btw, I'm using HE-laserscan, does anyone know if there are palette's available for HE?

Offline James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • LaserBoy !!!
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2009, 10:23:33 pm »
Think of it like this:

If your projector has red, green and violet, then you have three points at good locations along the outer edge of the chromaticity curve.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromaticity

(even better!)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color

Actually, since you have violet; which is a shorter wavelength than blue, you can synthesize a slightly larger area of color gamut than you can with the red, green and blue emitters in your computer display!

So if you send all of the computer blue signal to the violet laser, then pure computer blue becomes pure laser violet. True violet is NOT POSSIBLE on a computer screen! The best you can do is "purple"; which is a faded magenta; not at all the same thing!

Does that make any sense at all? ???

Orange you glad I didn't say "Bannanna" ?  %) ;D

« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 11:02:45 pm by James »

Offline Frixxion

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2009, 05:27:33 am »
sound fairly logical to me :). Although I didn't know about the fact that my LCD monitor can't show true violet?

But I do have a remark to that chromaticity story. When I use bluray in my projector, I COULD make more colors than using regular 445/473nm laser, but I don't think it's fair to say this. Because bluray is just barely visible when projected with other colors. I do agree that it produces some pretty cool colors when mixing it with only a little bit of green :D, I wonder which color I would get when mixing it with some red?

Offline James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • LaserBoy !!!
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2009, 12:19:52 pm »
The BluRay is 405, as you know. That is very close to being not visible!

Your sensitivity to this color is very low, so it takes WAY MORE power just to make it look as bright as green. Green is the color that the human eye can see the best, so it takes the least amount of power. If you had enough BluRay energy, you would get much better color mixing results. The only problem with that is 405nm at high power levels is VERY dangerous to your vision and even your skin. You don't have to feel the burn on your skin for it to be very destructive to your living skin cells.

If you mix BluRay and red you get a fantastic magenta (hot pink). It looks incredible!

Another important thing to note about BluRay: think of it as (near) black-light. It does a fantastic job of exciting fluorescent and phosphorescent pigments. So, if you don't worry so much about seeing the beam in the air, you can project graphics on a screen that lights up SUPER bright blue when hit with black-light. Just about any bright white paper will do this. You can also use a bed sheet washed with a brightening agent like phosphorus or laundry bluing. The result is, you can see the red and green just as you always did, but now the BluRay gets shifted down a little bit by the blue fluorescent effect and you see the results as an RGB graphics projector.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 12:45:17 pm by James »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal