Author Topic: Do you think ordinate is a new word?  (Read 9686 times)

Offline James

• Administrator
  • Milliwatts: 47
    • View Profile
    • LaserBoy !!!
Do you think ordinate is a new word?
« on: July 25, 2009, 02:39:20 am »
Check this out:

http://akrobiz.com/laserboy/code/LaserBoy_2009_07_25.zip

I fixed a bunch of dumb stuff.

I worked on the ASCII text palette and table imports and how they work with subsequent frame imports. I also got the frame coordinate import type real to work. I have not tested the crap out of it yet, but it looks pretty good. It should accept a universe of any size. All of the real frames found in a LaserBoy txt file are collected together and normalized as a set. You should be able to mix short, unit and real frames all together in the same text file, with palettes, tables, 24-bit rgb or hex values just about any way you want and get predictable results.

If you chose to save LaserBoy named palette values, those values will be ignored when LaserBoy reads the palette name and sees that it is a palette that is already loaded. So, you can save your frames that way and simply change the name of the palette to something else. Then, the newly named palette will load as a unique palette. This way you can edit the individual color values of the "new" palette and get exactly the colors you want for your art!

I really want to be as precise and specific as possible with the language of the LaserBoy interface. In the big transition from LaserBoy_04_12_2009 to LaserBoy_2009_06_21 I removed the word point, as I thought it was pointless. I replaced it with two different words that were more arithmetically accurate with context; vertex and vector and the plural of vertex, vertices. Now I would like to introduce the word ordinate! This is to designate the existence and measure of the units that mark off the discrete values of 16-bit signed integer space. Coordinates are unique locations in space, designated as the intersection of two or three perpendicular lines. So each line must be measured in ordinates. These units of displacement from the origin can be used, in a relative way, to measure the distance between any two points in three dimensional space; at any angle.

What say yee all?

James.   :)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 12:19:16 am by James »
LaserBoy is Sofa King Cool!
But it will never be Alpha King Done!

Offline James

• Administrator
  • Milliwatts: 47
    • View Profile
    • LaserBoy !!!
Re: Do you think ordinate is a new word?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 03:09:45 pm »
Oops!

Looks like I have some work to do in the palette transforms area!

Color reduction seems to be messed up.  :P

James.  :)
LaserBoy is Sofa King Cool!
But it will never be Alpha King Done!

Offline meandean

• Milliwatts: 13
  • It's about sight AND sound.
    • View Profile
Re: Do you think ordinate is a new word?
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 12:47:36 am »
  Well, I suppose the whole thing is not INordinate... ;D
"Patience is for the dead."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal