Author Topic: ILD/Pattern to .wav  (Read 14301 times)

Offline trevorboultwood

• Milliwatts: 0
    • View Profile
ILD/Pattern to .wav
« on: May 25, 2020, 04:06:24 pm »
Hi James,

I'm from the recent photolexicon forum, i wanted to expand on my idea of creating a custom UI that would play my wav files with pictures etc. I had one question, ive been trying to think on how one might go from ILDA to .wav? Would it be possible to point me where in your code you take the pattern data into .wav?

Where would you start? Which line would you pick first? Decision making on which lines to then do next? Or am i over thinking this and you can use data directly from an ilda file? (is it in the correct order?!)

My next challenge I am setting myself this week is to understand the ilda format. It cant be too dificult right...?

Thank you again,

Trev

Offline James

• Administrator
  • Milliwatts: 47
    • View Profile
    • LaserBoy !!!
Re: ILD/Pattern to .wav
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 09:33:38 pm »
First you need some vector art.

Then you need to do some math.
LaserBoy is Sofa King Cool!
But it will never be Alpha King Done!

Offline James

• Administrator
  • Milliwatts: 47
    • View Profile
    • LaserBoy !!!
Re: ILD/Pattern to .wav
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 11:52:03 am »
There are several steps to getting a vector image to be time optimized for a laser projector. Each frame needs to be stripped of superfluous points and all of the lit segments have to be rearranged in an order that is the shortest path. This involves looking at both ends of any lit segment and possibly reversing its direction. Then point are added along long lines to control the scanner rotational speed and points are added to corners to allow the scanners to stop before changing direction. There are many functions involved in this process and they must be called in the right order.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 12:15:49 pm by James »
LaserBoy is Sofa King Cool!
But it will never be Alpha King Done!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal