Author Topic: LWave- Download It Here!!!  (Read 45997 times)

Offline meandean

• Milliwatts: 13
  • It's about sight AND sound.
    • View Profile
LWave- Download It Here!!!
« on: January 13, 2010, 12:51:44 am »
  LaserWave is now LWave. I decided that rather than post another incremental release, I'd just rename and post it like it was something new (an old marketing gimmick).

LWave is an abstract function generator containing a compliment of built-in functions with adjustable parameters and effects; it generates multi-channel wave files of a user specified duration for playback into a modified soundcard using a common audio player app. Some of the plot functions require the import of stereo wave tracks that can be ripped from audio CD using Win Media Player, and will place music in ch 7&8 with an 8ch card, but it also works with 6ch cards. LWave also includes a variety of complex color generation functions, to include photographic color rendering from an imported 24bit .bmp file.

Wave files generated from this app can be easily imported into LaserBoy to include 2 & 3D plot functions, making a good bridge between the two applications in both directions. LWave can be run on any Win PC as demo without a multi-ch card or projector.

The program does require a little reading to get the most out of it, with docs provided. Hopefully, this rev will be a little better for first time users... Do take a look at the InstallNotes doc before diving in. Some sample files are also provided for download.

And it even comes with the Freeware Money Back Guarantee!

"This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
    but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
    MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE."

Use only as directed...

Now, is that a sales pitch or what!

http://laserboy.org/lwave/
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 08:40:31 pm by meandean »
"Patience is for the dead."

Offline James

• Administrator
  • Milliwatts: 47
    • View Profile
    • LaserBoy !!!
Re: LWave- Download It Here!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 01:29:01 am »
New Coke? ???

Eeeeeiiiiiwwwww !!!

Bring back Coke Classic!

The program does require a little reading to get the most out of it

Homework! ??? Yea, right!  %)

Use only as directed...

May cause severe chest pains, shortness of breath, high blood pressure, elevated heart rate, headache, fever, chills, shivering, blurred vision, dilated pupils, rapid hair loss, increased risk of infection, yellowing of the eyes, teeth and nails, arrhythmia, tachycardia, anemia, loss of apatite, unexplained weight gain, dizziness or fainting, drowsiness, fatigue, tinnitus, numbness or tingling of the feet and hands, dry skin, dandruff, excessive ear wax, difficulty swallowing, hives, disorientation, short term memory loss, insomnia, hallucinations, short term memory loss, mood swings, irritability, depression, post traumatic stress disorder, convulsions, decreased libido, dementia, night sweats, anxiety and panic attacks, seizures, acne, cellulites, edema, dehydration, halitosis, bleeding gums, muscle cramps and spasms which may become permanent, stiffness and joint pain, delayed back ache, brittle bones, peripheral neuropathy, hardening of the arteries, detached retina, sinus drainage or congestion, sore throat, ear ache, coughing,  phlegm, pneumonia, sneezing, dry mouth, watery eyes, increased tenderness of breast tissue, swollen glands, painful urination, reduced sperm count, amnesia while walking or driving, indigestion, nausea, vomiting, erosion and scarring of the esophagus and trachea, flatulence and explosive diarrhea, abdominal pain, constipation, bowel obstructions, toxic shock syndrome, enlarged prostate, gender ambiguity, blood in urine or stool, erectile dysfunction, shrunken genitals, varicose veins, ulcers, fishers or polyps in the colon, hemorrhoids, drooling, bed wetting, incontinence, bleeding from nose, eyes and ears, painful skin rash or lesions around the eyes, mouth, genitals and anus, coma, brain hemorrhaging, incoherence, inability to speak, partial or total paralysis, inching or burning sensation near the injection sight, peritonitis, liquefication of internal organs, swelling of the throat or tongue, which in some cases, though rare, may be signs of a more serious and potentially fatal reaction. If you experience any of these symptoms, do not discontinue use and contact Dean immediately! Most users report some or all of these sysmptoms as mild to moderate side effects not serious enough to stop using LWave. Now available without a prescription. Non narcotic and non habit forming. Avoid direct contact with skin, eyes and any mucus membranes. If contact occurs, flush effect area with clean cool water for 15 minutes. LWave is not to be taken internally. Harmful or fatal if swallowed. If accidentally ingested, do not induce vomiting. Contact your poison control center immediately. Shake well before opening. Read label for proper dosing instructions. Should not be used by women who are nursing, pregnant or may become pregnant. Do not use LWave if you are unable to sit or stand for more than 30 seconds. Should not be used with MAO inhibitors or alpha blockers as this may cause an unsafe drop in blood pressure. Simple blood tests will determine your risk of serious liver or kidney disease. Not to be used during a Herpes break-out. Do not apply LWave directly to an open wound. Avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight while using LWave. Not recommended for infants and preteens. LWave is not a steroid, so it is safe for regular daily use. LWave is not a replacement for fast-acting easy-to-use laser applications. Do not drink alcohol in excess while using LWave. Clinical trials indicate LWave to be 0.0002% more effective than placebo. Not available in suppository form. May contain one or more of the following hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated cottonseed, soybean, corn or sunflower oils. LWave use implies consent to random drug tests. Do not drive or operate heavy machinery while using LWave. Batteries not included. Some assembly required. Do not remove case or side pannels. No servicable parts inside. Risk of electricution. LWave is a gluten free product. Designed for indoor and outdoor use. Made from 100% biodegradable recycled materials. Void where prohibited by law. LWave should not be placed in dishwasher or microwave. Keep out of reach of children. Potential users are advised to first provide DNA sample to facilitate identification of human remains in the event of an unfortunate LWave incident. Product may not appear exactly as it does on the package. Contents may have settled during transport. Place LWave in a cool dry place with adequate ventilation away from heaters and open flames. Do not consume if past expiration date. Return to provider if safety seal is broken. Contents may be under pressure. LWave may contain FD&C yellow no. 5 and red no. 4. Provides less than 10% of your daily recommended allowance of 12 essential vitamins and nutrients. Tampering voids warrantee in all 50 States and The District of Columbia. Not available in stores. Please remain seated until LWave comes to a complete stop before exiting safely to your right. LWave has not been shown to cause cancer in laboratory animals. In case of an emergency water landing, LWave can not be employed as a personal floatation device. Inappropriate use of LWave with a minor is a violation of applicable laws and may constitute a felony. Absolutely no refund without a receipt. Only available at participating locations. If not completely satisfied return unused portion for a full refund. Limit one per customer. Offer only valid while supplies last. Not redeemable in combination with any other promotions, discounts or coupons. Price subject to change without notice. May be subject to title taxes and registration fees. Your mileage may vary. Dean Hammonds, subsidiaries, employees and members of his immediate family are not eligible for LWave sweepstakes winnings. Laboratory tested and certified 100% Format-3 free.

With everything LWave has going for it, what are you waiting for?

Shouldn't YOU be using LWave?

Don't delay. Get yours today!  ;D

James.  :)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 05:13:27 pm by James »
LaserBoy is Sofa King Cool!
But it will never be Alpha King Done!

Offline VJ Aiwaz

• Milliwatts: 3
    • View Profile
    • VJ Aiwaz
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 09:56:06 am »
hey dean it looks like a great program but i cant seem to get it to do any pattern beside this one no matter what plot i load

Offline BlinkenLights

• he's just this guy, ya know?
  • Administrator
  • Milliwatts: 4
  • 'The Messenger' by Will Cascio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 12:31:25 pm »
works fine for me dean.. maybe VJ needs a bit of instruction..

Offline meandean

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 10:06:14 pm »
hey dean it looks like a great program but i cant seem to get it to do any pattern beside this one no matter what plot i load

You need to dbl-clk on the chosen Function Number (in the listbox itself) each time you change it to initiate generation of a
different plot (4001 is the intial selection when the program starts). I noticed in your screenshot that you were on plot 3105 (but
it was not highlighted, meaning that you didn't click on it), all 3000's require the import of a .wav file. 1000 & 4000 plots generate
out of the chute, with no import.

If you wish to change the Color Scheme, you need to do a single-click on the number, so it is highlighted and then re-generate the
Plot Function number with a dbl-clk. Once a plot is generated, it can be played over witout having to re-generate.

Sorry about the awkward interface, I'm open to suggestions to make it easier.

Offline VJ Aiwaz

• View Profile
    • VJ Aiwaz
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 08:58:06 am »
ok i got it now but i am doing the same thing i did yesterday that did not work oh well

as for the interface being strange yea i think i can come up with some ideas on how to make it more user friendly

i mean your off to a good start at least you have mouse functionality un like some other software we all know and love

the first thing i would do is use a traditional drop down to  load   on the top left like every other windows program
also midi support would be cool i have always wanted midi sliders to change the frequency values in a lis generator

that would be my other question can you change the values of stuff like xyz freqency xyz osilators xyz offset/gain
you know stuff like you would find on a real analog desk 
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 09:00:02 am by VJ Aiwaz »

Offline James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • LaserBoy !!!
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2010, 03:52:24 pm »
un like some other software we all know and love

Whatchu talkin' bout, sucka' ?

That's ridiculous!

It pretty obvious we don't all love it!

Offline meandean

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2010, 09:26:56 pm »
the first thing i would do is use a traditional drop down to  load   on the top left like every other windows program
also midi support would be cool i have always wanted midi sliders to change the frequency values in a lis generator

I could move the function number selection to the main pulldown menu, but it might make an unmanageably long list.
As for slider adjustments, I could add plenty, but the app is a pre-processor at this point, so you won't see the effect
immediately. Everything is generated ahead of time and played back after the fact, if I get real time control figured out,
things will be VERY different.

that would be my other question can you change the values of stuff like xyz freqency xyz osilators xyz offset/gain
you know stuff like you would find on a real analog desk   

X-Y gain control would be easy to code in, but I like James' approach using a stereo pot on the correction amp for that.

Frequencies can be changed- if it's a 1000 series plot, the Base Frequency parameter does just that (but you have to turn
off the Use Default Settings to change it- I should remove that restriction). Most later plots use the Frame Rate parameter to
change the master pitch.

Thanks for the feedback!

Dean
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 09:44:31 pm by meandean »

Offline VJ Aiwaz

• View Profile
    • VJ Aiwaz
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2010, 06:54:51 pm »
the load drop down doesn't need to be a drop down list it can just open a load screen like every other program out there

the drop down should just have things like load / save / save as / run /exit / ect

and this is just personal preference but i would have the visualizer screen to the right and in 4:3 format so you have some extra room under for stuff

dean have you looked lfi player it has a nice  abstract generator and its live with sound card output(or other dacs) with full source code

Offline James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • LaserBoy !!!
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2010, 07:17:14 pm »
Hey John!

How's it going?  ;D

LWave, Dean's project, is written entirely in MS Visual BASIC 6.0.

(See disclaimer above for details.)

Offline meandean

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2010, 08:02:22 pm »
and this is just personal preference but i would have the visualizer screen to the right and in 4:3 format so you have some extra room under for stuff

There's an x & y size parameter for manually resizing the plot window to get more space, but it
will still originate in the top left corner. If you resize the entire app, the plot area defaults to
the largest square.

dean have you looked lfi player it has a nice  abstract generator and its live with sound card output(or other dacs) with full source code

Yeah, I use VB6, so C source code probably wouldn't do me much good :-[. I just blew the dust off of
a DirectX video game book for VB, and I might be able get things going with a Direct Sound API- I'll
just have to install the SDK and experiment...

Offline Fanny Pack

• Milliwatts: -20
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2010, 09:33:54 pm »
You might be in over your head with DirectSound.  You can probaly use the BASS thing from http://www.un4seen.com/ to do what you need.

Offline meandean

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2010, 10:40:25 pm »
You might be in over your head with DirectSound.  You can probaly use the BASS thing from http://www.un4seen.com/ to do what you need.

Drlava mentioned that, too...

Offline meandean

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2010, 12:53:12 am »
Potential users are advised to first provide DNA sample to facilitate identification of human remains in the event of an unfortunate LWave incident.

Dental records are sufficient, in most cases.

Offline BlinkenLights

• he's just this guy, ya know?
  • Administrator
  • Milliwatts: 4
  • 'The Messenger' by Will Cascio
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2010, 01:05:59 am »
james dont forget about "short term memory loss"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal