Author Topic: LWave- Download It Here!!!  (Read 45781 times)

Offline James

• Administrator
  • Milliwatts: 47
    • View Profile
    • LaserBoy !!!
Re: LWave- Download It Here!!!
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2010, 02:25:34 am »
james dont forget about "short term memory loss"

Oh yea!  Good one! My bad! Thanks!  ;D

James.  :)
LaserBoy is Sofa King Cool!
But it will never be Alpha King Done!

Offline meandean

• Milliwatts: 13
  • It's about sight AND sound.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2010, 11:45:03 pm »

New version!!!

Previously, LWave had a built-in wave player that was limited to stereo playback; an external file player such as Spider was required to drive a projector within the application. This version of LW now includes an internal multi-ch player using BASS.dll (Thanks drlava!!!). The Select Wave Player list has been replaced with a Projector Mode button. When Projector Mode is off, the audio output is always stereo for demo purposes. A key advantage of this new player is that you can change a parameter and re-generate a plot while it is in progress with no interruption in wave playback, making LWave closer to real-time. Oh, and let's not forget the most important addition: LWave now has its own icon...  ;)

http://laserboy.org/lwave
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 08:41:50 pm by meandean »
"Patience is for the dead."

Offline drlava

• Milliwatts: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2010, 12:56:39 am »
Hi Dean!

No need to thank me I didn't do anything to speak of.  Thanks for the update!  How do I select which sound card the projector is connected to?

P.S. Had to reboot for the installer.  :x

Also, I see there is a 'plot duration' entry, would it be possible to have a checkbox to automatically plot one cycle, whatever that duration is?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 01:00:42 am by drlava »

Offline meandean

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2010, 10:35:20 pm »
No need to thank me I didn't do anything to speak of.

I wouldn't have known about BASS.dll if you hadn't recommended it- I first looked for BASE, but the search engine was smart enough to know what I was looking for. I've been playing around with DirectSound8, but with VB6 you are limited to DirectX 8 protocols, and it looks like multi-ch support for Vista and later will not fly.

How do I select which sound card the projector is connected to?

LWave uses the default playback device that is selected in the Win Control Panel, just as Media Player or Spider would do.

Also, I see there is a 'plot duration' entry, would it be possible to have a checkbox to automatically plot one cycle, whatever that duration is?

Not sure how to answer that- LW just generates a wave for the user-specified duration and that's it (BTW, there is no such thing as one plot cycle- the plots vary over time) , unless the plot requires a stereo wave music import (plots 3001-3800), then the  duration will be equal to the length of the source file.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 10:58:00 pm by meandean »

Offline meandean

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2010, 09:52:07 pm »
  In this rev, I've added a Gray Scale option which converts color to black and white (affects DAC output), also added a Partial Beam
Plot option (affects screen and bitmap generation only). The Partial Beam option plots all vertices from the center of the screen to
the specified coordinate, and makes excellent images for output to a hi-res printer using the output bitmap generator.

http://laserboy.org/lwave/
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 12:31:45 pm by meandean »

Offline meandean

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2010, 12:26:34 am »
  New version!!!

This rev of LWave includes ILDA file output options in addition to multi-ch wave generation. LWave produces 24bit color, so it makes use of the newer ILD formats 4(3D) and 5(2D). The only difference between these newer formats and the early formats 0 & 1 is that the color index byte is replaced with three consecutive bytes that define the level of Blue, Green, and Red (in that order) for each data point.

Also included are some experimental beam plots that trigger off of the properties of music ripped to wav format from audio CD. I'm looking for a few volunteers with the right equipment to test them out. The details are described at the end of the Tour doc.

http://laserboy.org/lwave

Offline BlinkenLights

• he's just this guy, ya know?
  • Administrator
  • Milliwatts: 4
  • 'The Messenger' by Will Cascio
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2010, 03:32:18 am »
i have a o-scope, will that help?

Offline James

• Administrator
  • Milliwatts: 47
    • View Profile
    • LaserBoy !!!
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2010, 02:52:40 pm »
Since you know how to save in formats 4 & 5, why don't you save two consecutive chunks for every frame: The first as a format 3, with only RGB values, and the second as either format 0 or 1 with { X, Y, [Z], k, c } where k is the blanking byte and c is a palette color index (byte). Since you have just defined RGB in the previous section, c can be any value. But, for the sake of eloquence and grace, you can save a format 2 of EZFB_332 as the first thing in the file and set all of your c values according to a bit reduction of the actual RGB value; 24-bits, 8:8:8, reduced to 8-bits 3:3:2.

Once you find yourself in the practice of writing your true color art this way, you will be familiar with writing combinations of 0, 1, 2 & 3. Then you can easily experiment with the utility of palettes and how they interact and coexist with color tables in the same data storage structure.

However, this is blasphemy and you may be ostracized, tortured and assassinated for it.

But, you are safe here with the lunatic at The LaserBoy Forum.

James.  :)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 06:53:14 pm by James »
LaserBoy is Sofa King Cool!
But it will never be Alpha King Done!

Offline meandean

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2011, 07:06:49 pm »
  LWave was originally written to make exclusive use of modified audio cards by generating multi-channel wave files
and playing them back as audio data. Modified soundcards do have their own headaches and they are not for everyone,
so I've attempted to add support for the EasyLase and RIYA DACs in this new test version. When using either of these
devices, it's not necessary to set LWave to generate multi-ch waves, as the data is passed directly to the automatically
detected card when the plot sequence is started, and stereo sound is routed to the default audio device.

Since I don't own either of these DACs, this version is NOT tested... If anyone has one of these devices and wants
to try out an oddball abstract generator, here it is:

Look for LW_01_11_Test.zip at http://laserboy.org/lwave/

Dean

Offline meandean

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2011, 07:25:03 pm »
 I forgot to include an important file in the LW test version so that is now fixed. :-[ If you have
the older version of LWave installed, you already have the missing file.

Dean

Offline meandean

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2011, 06:45:45 pm »
This release of LWave adds a couple new audioscope plots based on imported music files. Most important, it now uses Madplay (a freeware mp3 decoder) to create plots from mp3music files (thanks drlava!). Previously, LWave was limited to wave file imports exclusively.
I probably should have dealt with this long ago, but better late than never... Who else but me would make a habit of carrying hundreds of GB's of uncompressed wave audio from CD's on their HD?

Dean

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal