Hardware > Optics

COOL!!! Now what do I do with it?

(1/2) > >>

James:
A friend of ours just had a lightning strike and it took out two TVs and a computer. We're a company with a vendors license so we get a sweet deal on some stuff. We got them some really nice replacement TVs.

So they gave me the blown up 65" DLP, rear projection monolith. It's about half the size of an average living room, in a composition board box with wheels.

We haven't gotten it yet, but we need to, because it's filling up their kitchen with rectangular, black, deadness.

I think I will make some speaker boxes with the hard board and I should have a pretty good front surface mirror and a rear projection screen to play with.

Whitch is probably a good thing, because this might be the last thing that would fit in our land-fills.

James.  :)

drlava:
interested in the DLP pcb..

BlinkenLights:
the combining cube in there is prolly hella cool

James:
Check this out!

James:
I opened it up and looked inside. It is a triple RGB CRT arrangement with glass lenses. Not exactly new technology. I think I might check all the fuses and if that doesn't get it, I'll just scrap it out for nifty parts and stuff.

It does say 1080 on the front, but I'm guessing that means 1080 interlaced lines of analog trace with no particular horizontal resolution to speak of.

Anyone care to comment?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version