Author Topic: SELEM 2010 --Pa, what's for dinner?  (Read 9094 times)

Offline mophead

• Milliwatts: 0
    • View Profile
SELEM 2010 --Pa, what's for dinner?
« on: June 15, 2010, 08:35:43 am »
I posted this at PL as well but wanted to make sure I got everyone. Just trying to see what everyone wants and a fairly accurate head count.

Hey y'all it's almost that time again; time for yummy, smokey, slow   cooked pork and lasers.

This year I'm going to do pulled pork butts again if that is okay with   everyone. Going to take an extra day off work where we don't spend too   much time in the kitchen and miss all the fun. Buffo is bringing sauces    -  couple different tomato-based ones (Sticky Fingers brand Memphis   Original and Sweet Burbon), plus a hot one (forget the name, but it's a   combo mustard and tomato base with a bit of a kick), and a mustard base   one (probably Bessenger's brand). I might whip up a quart {~gasp~} of   sauce too . I still think the meat   ourta stand on it own...... I know, I know,    different strokes......

Question to you all, What side Items?

Slaw - pretty sure we're doing slaw regardless. Do you guys perfer   regular, hot or both?

Then choose one: Tater salad OR bbq beans?

Anything else or special requests?

Also need some of you all to pitch in on plates, cups, plasticware,   paper towels, ect.....if you would, please.             

Offline James

• Administrator
  • Milliwatts: 47
    • View Profile
    • LaserBoy !!!
Re: SELEM 2010 --Pa, what's for dinner?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 11:09:05 am »
Hey mophead!

Welcome to The LaserBoy Forum!

I remember last year's feast! It was worth the 7.5 hour drive just to get to enjoy all that great food! That really adds a lot to the whole event. It's also nice to keep people there at the theater together, rather than having everyone scatter for food.

I loved the slaw last year. That was about as good as it gets! So, I'm sure either beans or potatoes will be great too.

You should put out a tip jar. The people who spend all that time and money putting together such great food for everyone should be compensated. I'd rather give you $6 or $8 for an awesome home cooked meal than spend it at a fast food joint.

James.  :)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 10:30:00 pm by James »
LaserBoy is Sofa King Cool!
But it will never be Alpha King Done!

Offline mophead

• Milliwatts: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 01:39:17 pm »
Cool!  I'm glad you enjoyed; we enjoy cooking for people that enjoy eating and the appreciation of others makes it time well spent.

Which slaw did you like better, the hot or regular?  Krystyna does the sides and I do the meat. She makes one hell of a 'tater salad--it'll make ya want to slap your momma.

As for the tip jar, while it's a good idea and compensation is always nice, we do it because we want to. Maybe the door prizes could somehow get rigged  >:D . Just joking on that though......

Offline James

• Administrator
  • Milliwatts: 47
    • View Profile
    • LaserBoy !!!
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 10:32:29 pm »
I remember the slaw was cut in nice big pieces, just right, and it had some kind of vinegar dressing with an orange-ish color; like it had paprika in it or something. It was a mouth full of flavor, that's for sure. ;D

James.  :)
LaserBoy is Sofa King Cool!
But it will never be Alpha King Done!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal