Author Topic: ILDA File Format On-And-On  (Read 32837 times)

Offline Fanny Pack

• Milliwatts: -20
    • View Profile
Re: ILDA File Format On-And-On
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2009, 06:51:13 pm »
I'll just use XML for storage.  Saving and parsing even the most complicated models is a no brainer with it. 

Offline androsyn

• Milliwatts: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2011, 12:28:30 am »
Hi all, I'm new to the forum, well I come from 3d grafic and now i joined the laser world, happily...still as i'm used to raster grafic, when I jumped into ILDA file format i found it somewhat old, in fact many features could be added, yesterday i found a patented software product claiming to do on the fly calibration of laser
http://www.faqs.org/patents/app/20100245373..funny thing is that i heard that based on OpenGl library, is it possible to make vector based data to feed projector, and that's nothing new...i work mainly in europe with interaction design, installations, interactivity, well, there are a lot of OpenGl-based real-time vector programs (or generative as germans say), that could be easily linked to ILDA translator for point extraction..right now i'm waiting for a ILDA interface (DAC) that will be linked to generative stuff, hoping to have real-time control of points (thousands per second, of course) ;)
next news soon..

Offline James

• Administrator
  • Milliwatts: 47
    • View Profile
    • LaserBoy !!!
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2011, 11:35:24 am »
Hello androsyn. Welcome to The LaserBoy Forum! :)

There are quite a few examples of applications that can deal with raw vector information and convert that, instantly into something that is safe and looks good on the scanners.

LaserBoy Forum member drlava has some really amazing vector optimization and live projection stuff!

I don't know how or why the ILDA file format is of any issue with you. If you are going from OpenGL vectors to live laser signals, what do you need ILDA for?

James.  :)
LaserBoy is Sofa King Cool!
But it will never be Alpha King Done!

Offline BlinkenLights

• he's just this guy, ya know?
  • Administrator
  • Milliwatts: 4
  • 'The Messenger' by Will Cascio
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2011, 09:31:32 am »
recording for later use... i would guess