Author Topic: Spaghetti will not be free going forward  (Read 23810 times)

Offline Fanny Pack

• Milliwatts: -20
    • View Profile
Spaghetti will not be free going forward
« on: March 10, 2009, 11:00:13 am »
In the very near future I will stop giving Spaghetti away.  I will continue working on it but I would like to get a little something back for my efforts.  I would like to be able to at least make enough money to support my hobby so that I can get a decent blue laser, be able to buy some additional DACs so that I can actually test to see that they work, etc.  Basically, I just want to make it so that my work on Spaghetti is not a drain on my resources.

Before I start accepting any money I want to make sure that Spaghetti is a little more solid.  There are some outstanding bugs that people have reported that I would like to resolve.  Unfortunately, the people who report the bugs don't provide follow up information so that I can fix them.  :(  So, I will open the door to Beta testers at this point.  Those who submit bug reports and help resolve bugs will get free copies. 

There are a handful of people out there who have been active in the Users Group or have helped fix problems or have shared their shows with me.  You'll also get free copies. 

Otherwise, I will come up with some low price for the software.  Maybe $50 or so.  We'll see.

Offline BlinkenLights

• he's just this guy, ya know?
  • Administrator
  • Milliwatts: 4
  • 'The Messenger' by Will Cascio
    • View Profile
Re: Spaghetti will not be free going forward
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 11:10:55 am »
sounds fair.. I have always thought that it would eventually become a pay product.. nothin' wrong with making a few bucks for your efforts.. your still losing money in the long run..

Offline Fanny Pack

• Milliwatts: -20
    • View Profile
Re: Spaghetti will not be free going forward
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 11:29:29 am »
your still losing money in the long run..

Not exactly sure what you meant by that but you are right I'll always be losing money working on Spaghetti when I consider how much time I put into it vs how much I get out of it.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 11:34:29 am by Hyena »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal