Author Topic: DMX support  (Read 10525 times)

Offline Barabba

• Milliwatts: 0
    • View Profile
DMX support
« on: August 02, 2016, 07:10:34 pm »
Hi all, may I ask if one day DMX addressing will be supported on Laserboy?

Well, I explain myself better:
I've a small club and I'm going to buy a good chinese laser, trying to contain costs I become interested on this project. I would use a raspberry (the last version if necessary) and connect to ILDA, play files.ilda and change them by a DMX command. The computer supposed to drive the laser is 25 meters far away, I can use it for upload by ethernet files ILDA and run them manually remotely to check effect, but when the club is working I need to implement laser into the cue lists of light games and it's driven by DMX.

The DMX software address the Raspberry (with DMX expansion board) and forward it one byte, containing 0-255 ad number of the ilda file to be played. Eventually there may be address DMX+1 so with two bytes we have 65536 possible programs.

Another solution can be use Harduino with DMX module, which place on Raspberry GPIO the value of the program that should be played.

Another solution is that the DMX software is able to run an exe file, that may through ethernet send to Raspberry the number of program to play. I asked already to the DMX software house.

There is any kind of remote control already developed for LB?
thank you

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal