Author Topic: Community Laser Projector Build!  (Read 81249 times)

Offline Lazerjock

• Milliwatts: 8
  • Laser @ Universal Studios Fl Spiderman ride
    • View Profile
Re: Community Laser Projector Build!
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2010, 07:44:22 am »

Having my own projector would spoil the thought of flying blind on instruments...

Flying instrument is fun if you have the right training, but be careful, you can crash and burn easy.
Wait arn't we talking aviation???   :o ;D
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 07:48:28 am by Lazerjock »

Offline James

• Administrator
  • Milliwatts: 47
    • View Profile
    • LaserBoy !!!
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2010, 01:21:36 pm »
Hey Chris! Wow! we have two guys named Chris!

Haven't heard from you in a while. How are you?

Dean, you know I almost never turn on my gas rig.

Just wear a blindfold when you want to test your latest modifications to your code.

James.  :)
LaserBoy is Sofa King Cool!
But it will never be Alpha King Done!

Offline drlava

• Milliwatts: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2010, 03:29:17 pm »
I'll be building up another hopefully in time for SELEM.  Have a 445nm diode to tame!

Offline James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • LaserBoy !!!
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2010, 04:30:33 pm »
How's it going with the new P version of the analog mod driver?

Offline rMuD

• Milliwatts: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2010, 04:51:14 pm »
ok the Barrel that Laser66.com is selling on ebay that claims to fix the mounting issues with the Glass lens  405-G-1 that he wants $25 for this lens and $5 for the barrel.  I have a call into him with no return yet.  Biggest Question is what is the difference in this lens that what say DrLava has for sale for $10 as a glass lens. 

http://cgi.ebay.com/405nm-Laser-Module-Housing-Glass-Lens-10-5-mm-dia-/380230562528?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item588781f2e0

vs
http://hacylon.case.edu/ebay/laser_diode/Lens.php

Are they the same thing?  and we just need barrels?

Offline rMuD

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2010, 04:54:11 pm »
I also recommend using the Dicros from OneStopLaser  as he buys real high quality stock, not sure on the 405nm though.. I've used his dicros for years.  I am not sure on how well they work on Diode colors either.. I have some Reflect Red here or in the Garage, and also a Pass Red Reflect blue Green somewhere..  I have no Idea where I have the 100's of gratings and dicros..  hope they aren't lost forever.  OMG so I don't know if his dicros will work at all..  but if they do, they will work well and hell of alot cheaper than the site I see today. and he will cut them to size you want

Offline James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • LaserBoy !!!
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2010, 05:40:50 pm »
I'm pretty sure dichros that are available today in reflect red will be fine for diode 650-ish nm.

I don't think there will be an issue with the reflect blue at 445nm. They are commonly in use with 473nm.

Unfortunately, I don't have a BlueRay or a red diode laser anymore, so I can't test the dichros I have.

Another important thing to know is the process used to silver the galvo mirrors. I've seen galvo mirrors that are obviously deep purple transparent. That means that most of the BluRay energy will go right through them!

Offline rMuD

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2010, 08:20:38 pm »
I'm pretty sure dichros that are available today in reflect red will be fine for diode 650-ish nm.

I don't think there will be an issue with the reflect blue at 445nm. They are commonly in use with 473nm.

Unfortunately, I don't have a BlueRay or a red diode laser anymore, so I can't test the dichros I have.

Same here if I bought the Diodes and the drivers..  I need the expert to fill me in :)  so I can order some.   Need the scoop on Drivers and Lenses to buy!

Another important thing to know is the process used to silver the galvo mirrors. I've seen galvo mirrors that are obviously deep purple transparent. That means that most of the BluRay energy will go right through them!

Lucky my galvo mirrors have broke, so I need new mirrors on the  6800's and the G120's  I honestly would like to replace the amps for both, just old tech even when I got them 15 years ago. well I'd like to not use the G120's either.  I know they have to be re-mirrored for the 405.  Wish George would return my email about 445 diode supply.

Offline rMuD

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2010, 12:45:21 pm »
Bought some stuff from lasersurplusparts.com  $10 658nm diodes a few lens and a few DVD sleds with both 405 and 658 diodes.    Pretty much I am down to PBS cube for red (can't find any forsale 4 went on ebay from UK)  but no new auctions.

That and the Drivers.. Need drivers!

Offline Lazerjock

• Milliwatts: 8
  • Laser @ Universal Studios Fl Spiderman ride
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2010, 01:54:25 pm »
Hey Chris! Wow! we have two guys named Chris!
Haven't heard from you in a while. How are you?
Dean, you know I almost never turn on my gas rig.
Just wear a blindfold when you want to test your latest modifications to your code.
Hey James. I've been laying low for a while. I still read new posts, but summer is here now and I love to be outside.
I was in Ohio last month for a funeral in the family, would have loved to see everyone, but time was limited.
I love the idea of a group build, wish I was there to help. I can throw knowledge your way if needed. I see there is another Chris. Welcome to the forum.
Lazerjock
Chris

Offline James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • LaserBoy !!!
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2010, 05:57:37 pm »
Do you think we could get together some sort of deal with one of the Cinese scanner makers? We could agree to test and calibrate all of the units together and write a report about quality and consistency, with lots of pictures and all that good stuff. After all..... This is The LaserBoy Forum; the most infamouse of all laser display forums on Earth! ;D

Offline BlinkenLights

• he's just this guy, ya know?
  • Administrator
  • Milliwatts: 4
  • 'The Messenger' by Will Cascio
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2010, 06:55:49 pm »
i think you should get right on that

Offline rMuD

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2010, 12:54:32 am »
I'm out of town leaving Tuesday be back on the 5th of June, probably going to take the diodes down to my EE in NC (Dad) to assemble and test the first run of parts.  Red cubes have become scarce, keep an eye out for them  lasersurplussales.com has some good deals on red/violets and sleds with all the diodes.

Offline no-esc

• Milliwatts: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2010, 01:00:30 am »
Do you think we could get together some sort of deal with one of the Cinese scanner makers? We could agree to test and calibrate all of the units together and write a report about quality and consistency, with lots of pictures and all that good stuff. After all..... This is The LaserBoy Forum; the most infamouse of all laser display forums on Earth! ;D

DAMMMIT...

I had a huge response typed up with links and shit and the fucking connection reset...

DAMMIT....
"Acid isnt making a comeback....its never left......." me
"this cutting edge DJ from The mother ship will get you telling other people about him with his thrilling style of deep Funky techno disco house on the acid tip!!" taken from the MOTHER SHIP Daily
-------------------------------------------

Offline no-esc

• Milliwatts: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2010, 01:02:00 am »
FYI I have some plates that fit all 3 lasers if z bolts are used.

I am checking bulk prices on 30kpps scanners and 100mw Blue TTL's and will report back.

Need to get back to work.. will try to retype my huge response later
"Acid isnt making a comeback....its never left......." me
"this cutting edge DJ from The mother ship will get you telling other people about him with his thrilling style of deep Funky techno disco house on the acid tip!!" taken from the MOTHER SHIP Daily
-------------------------------------------

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal