Author Topic: ILDA is over  (Read 104195 times)

Offline Fanny Pack

• Milliwatts: -20
    • View Profile
Re: ILDA is over
« Reply #105 on: July 19, 2010, 07:00:47 am »
All I can say to you is two words:

Fanny pack

Offline James

• Administrator
  • Milliwatts: 47
    • View Profile
    • LaserBoy !!!
« Reply #106 on: July 19, 2010, 01:59:58 pm »
That's a great way to end this thread!

Make a fun of the fact that I can not wear a wallet because I have a pair of very painful hip replacements; with a touch of implied "he's gay!".

Yes, Gary. I am gay!

And I'm also very intelligent...... and I'm right...... and I'm an asshole about it!

James.  :)
LaserBoy is Sofa King Cool!
But it will never be Alpha King Done!

Offline Fanny Pack

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 19, 2010, 02:27:45 pm »
Actually, I didn't realize you were gay.  I just thought you had no fashion sense.

Offline James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • LaserBoy !!!
« Reply #108 on: July 19, 2010, 02:31:59 pm »
That too.

Offline Fanny Pack

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 19, 2010, 10:29:10 pm »
PS if you still dont think I understand format 3, go ahead and find the oldest (or newest) copy of Spaghetti you can.  Then find a real Format 3 files, not one of your weird ones, and watch Spaghetti open it.  If I didn't understand it, I wouldn't have been able to implement it.  The proof is has been in code for years.

PSS Fanny Pack

Offline BlinkenLights

• he's just this guy, ya know?
  • Administrator
  • Milliwatts: 4
  • 'The Messenger' by Will Cascio
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 20, 2010, 12:20:32 am »
PS if you still dont think I understand format 3, go ahead and find the oldest (or newest) copy of Spaghetti you can.  Then find a real Format 3 files, not one of your weird ones, and watch Spaghetti open it.  If I didn't understand it, I wouldn't have been able to implement it.  The proof is has been in code for years.

PSS Fanny Pack

i thought there was no format 3.... im confused.. seriously.. i thought that the implementation was NEVER agreed on, so there  is no actual format 3...

Offline meandean

• Milliwatts: 13
  • It's about sight AND sound.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 20, 2010, 02:05:29 am »
"i thought there was no format 3.... im confused.. seriously.. i thought that the implementation was NEVER agreed on, so there  is no actual format 3..."

There isn't: but the fact that an ild 3 proposal was out there for awhile may have lead some to produce material using the 'proposed 3' format, so
their may be some legacy issues.

Format 3 is a lost cause, it assumed that older software could skip past unknown format sections and new crap could be added without breaking
older apps, as they would skip past and read what they can as the standard has long called for, but nobody read the directions (what a joke
even now, as LB and SPG see an unrecognized format code they both stop in their tracks and look no further).

Once the folks at ILDA realized the bubble gum and bailing wire they proposed to hold the whole mess together wasn't worth the trouble, together
with plenty of negative feedback from so many in the industry, they came up with fmt 4 & 5 as a simple solution to the age old problem of establishing
a discrete RGB color for each coordinate point.
"Patience is for the dead."

Offline James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • LaserBoy !!!
« Reply #112 on: July 20, 2010, 02:11:00 am »
Just forget it.

This is just so fucking dead stupid.

Dean and Gary won't ever get it because they don't want to!

They and some others have made up their minds a long time ago to NEVER see it for what it is.

Easier is always better for some people.

Thinking is out of style.

Take a look at where Gary has gone with this whole conversation!

What a turd!  >:(

If you get it Gary, why did you explain it SO WRONG?

And screw you, Blinken for bitching at me about perpetuating the bullshit.

Negative feedback from people in the industry? !!!

PLEASE! There are like five or six people in the whole world who even have half of an inkling to care about this nonsense.

And I'm sure they are all over it by now.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 02:16:48 am by James »

Offline Fanny Pack

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 20, 2010, 07:27:01 am »
How did I explain it?  I said Format 3 has the points and the colors.  I also said it takes two frames.  One with colors and the other with points.  That's ALL I said about it.  It's been probably 2 yrs since I implemented it so I was slightly off.  But, the colors in Format 3 DO HAVE TO MATCH, IN ORDER AND IN QUANTITY, the coordinates of the 0/1 Frame.  The Format 3 frame does not contain coordinates, but "Format 3" as an entity does.  Because it requires Format 0/1 to complete it.  If you mean that is a complete set, then I guess it is.  But it is a completely stupid set.  What is the point of creating something stupid that is difficult to use.  If it weren't so retarded I probably wouldn't have mistakenly spoke about it.  That's what it is all about.  That's why it was dropped.  Only you in your rigidness think it is a good idea.  If anyone else felt the same way, they would be doing it, too.  It's just you.  You're the only one stupid enough to me jacking around with Format 3.  You are the only one stupid enough to write an application that uses 1980s text fonts and only accepts keyboard input.  Dude, you can't even get auto-complete to work.  You're such a fool.  You're the emperor with no clothes. 

Look, lets face it; you wear a fanny pack.  How can anyone take you seriously?  It's just wrong.  You're wrong. Intelligent people don't do that.  Gay people are known for good fashion sense.  I don't even think you are gay.  I think you are just pretending to be just like you are pretending to be a software engineer.  You're nothing.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 07:30:35 am by Fanny Pack »

Offline meandean

• Milliwatts: 13
  • It's about sight AND sound.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 20, 2010, 12:34:24 pm »
 "...plenty of negative feedback from so many in the industry..."

OK, I was speculating there. How's this:

I SUSPECT that the fmt3 proposal did not get rave reviews from developers. The fact that the proposal expired, and was
later discarded in favor of a simpler way of getting the job done speaks volumes.
"Patience is for the dead."

Offline James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • LaserBoy !!!
« Reply #115 on: July 20, 2010, 01:50:57 pm »
I think I have made my point to any even minded, person who is willing to read my original article:

http://laserboy.org/formatt/

I have further illuminated it with more details within the nonsense of this thread.

Any further discussion about it is a complete waste of time.

Gary has obviously taken this as another opportunity to be as annoying as possible to try to get banned or attract more abuse of some sort. There is absolutely no value in anything he has written thus far.

Dean, if you don't understand the value of creating patterns and following them in computer science, then I don't wonder why you are still stuck in BASIC.

In real computer science engineering, we use data structures. We don't look at the world one byte at a time.

I said it before and I'll say it again..... little colored squares don't lie!

VANDALIZED FORMAT 3 is what failed.

REAL FORMAT 3 was never considered.

When VANDALIZED FORMAT 3 fell out of favor and ILDA took the document away from the public, there was NO WAY to do unique RGB per vertex. That set the entire laser programming community back YEARS!

entire laser programming community == about 6 people!

It also denied the entire laserist community any source of new material that contained unique RGB per vertex in a generic format.

Formats 4 & 5 had to be leaked to the general public.

Gary points out that they used the uniform 32-byte section header to make it easier to implement in code.

No Gary. That is not a good reason to use it for formats 4 & 5.

That is THE REASON to use it for format 3!

Formats 4 & 5 have NOTHING to do with 0, 1, 2 & 3.

But they now suffer the same deficiency of not knowing how big they are without knowing the size of each element.

END OF DISCUSSION.

PS. YOU'RE STUPID!  ;D
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 02:21:12 pm by James »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal